- Ten new members to join the Young Academy11-11-2008
- Ten new members will soon join the Young Academy. They are researchers working in a variety of different disciplines who have been selected for their scientific achievements and received their PhDs less than ten years ago.
- Understanding Political Divisions in Party Systems: Issue Positions and Issue Salience in Europe24-10-2008
- (Press release NIAS-KNAW) Wednesday 29 October 2008, 16.00 hours, NIAS Meijboomlaan 1, Wassenaar
- Top 60 Young Scientists participate in the Summer Davos16-09-2008
- From 10-12 September 2009, 60 Young Scientists from around the world participated in the Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2009 ('Summer Davos'), in Dalian, China. The World Economic Forum and the InterAcademy Panel on International Issues (IAP) selected the participants.
- Kees Mandemakers Professor of Large Historical Databases Erasmus University Rotterdam28-08-2008
- On 1 September 2008 Kees Mandemakers, senior researcher at the International Institute of Social History (IISH) in Amsterdam, will be appointed professor of Large Historical Databases at the Faculty of History and Arts of the Erasmus University Rotterdam. The appointment is for a four-year period.
- Mass experiment with 'the wave' at Feyenoord Stadium. Feyenoord celebrates anniversary by hosting Royal Academy experiment07-07-2008
- Science and football make strange bedfellows, but on 19 July they will meet at Feyenoord Stadium in Rotterdam, where FC Feyenoord will be celebrating its 100th anniversary along with approximately 50,000 fans.
- NIAS Public Lectures: Daniel Owen and Luc Huyse10-06-2008
- (Persbericht NIAS-KNAW) The Rector of the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study (NIAS) is pleased to invite you to the Public Lectures, titled: 'New Approaches to Coming to Terms with Political Violence in the Era of Globalization'
- Martin Hellwig of the Max Planck-Institute gives the last Jelle Zijlstra Lecture, with commentary by former Minister Gerrit Zalm19-05-2008
- Professor Martin Hellwig, director of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods in Bonn will give the sixth and final Jelle Zijlstra-lecture.
- How to combat the threat of zoonotic infections?15-05-2008
- (Press release EASAC) Most new human pathogens reported in the past 25 years, such as influenza and SARS, have zoonotic origins. The risk of zoonotic infection, that is any infection transmissible between vertebrate animals and humans, is predicted to continue to increase.
- 2008 Heineken Prize laureates announced24-04-2008
- The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences has awarded this year's Heineken Prizes to five internationally renowned scientists and one highly talented Dutch visual artist.
- Dr A.H. Heineken Prize for Art awarded to Barbara Visser24-04-2008
- The 2008 Dr A.H. Heineken Prize for Art (EUR 50,000) has been awarded to visual artist Barbara Visser for 'her photographic and video work, notable for its wide-ranging form and content and consistently distinct signature'.
Ga terug naar de bovenkant van deze pagina
Ga terug naar de inhoud
Ga terug naar de site navigatie
Ga terug naar zoeken