- Jos van der Meer President-Elect EASAC19-11-2012
- Jos van der Meer, former Vice-President of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Science, has been chosen as the President-elect of the European Academies Science Advisory Council (EASAC).
EASAC is formed by the national science academies of the EU Member States to enable them to collaborate with each other in giving advice to European policy-makers, providing a means for the collective voice of European science to be heard.
- Nobel laureates call on EU to protect research spending23-10-2012
- The heads of state or government of EU Member States received a letter today from more than forty Nobel Prize and Fields Medal winners urging them to raise the EU?s research and innovation budget from EUR 50 billion to EUR 80 billion, as previously planned. The letter and background information can be found on the right.
- Director Erik-Jan Zürcher announces resignation as director of the International Institute of Social History (IISG-KNAW)23-10-2012
- In consultation with the KNAW Board, Prof. Erik-Jan Zürcher (born in 1953) has announced his resignation as director of the International Institute of Social History (IISG-KNAW).
- World Science Academies Release Report to Promote Research Integrity 18-10-2012
- To encourage researchers around the world to adhere to universal science values and ethical behavior, a new report on responsible science has been issued by the InterAcademy Council and the IAP ? the global network of science academies.
- Button mushroom reveals its secrets09-10-2012
- Researchers have unravelled the genome of our most familiar fungus: the button mushroom. Consequently, it is now clear why the button mushroom feels more at home on humic-rich breeding grounds than other fungi.
- Dutch scientists to open institute for stem cell research in Russia04-10-2012
- An international consortium of scientific institutes led by the Groningen-based ERIBA, in cooperation with Hubrecht Institute and MIT, has been invited to set up a new institute for research into stem cells, based in the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (SkTech) close to Moscow.
- Award Ceremony of the 2012 Heineken Prizes and the 2012 Heineken Young Scientists Awards28-09-2012
- On 27 September 2012, His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange presented the Heineken Prizes for Art and Sciences to Titia de Lange, Peter Struycken, Hans Clevers, William Laurance, Geoffrey Parker and John Duncan.
- Academy Professor Indonesia receives Indonesian research prize 201213-09-2012
- Professor Yunita Winarto, the first Academy Professor Indonesia in the Social Sciences, received an honourable mention in the prestigious competition for best researcher of Universitas Indonesia (UI) in 2012.
- Alexander van Oudenaarden appointed Director of the Hubrecht Institute31-08-2012
- Alexander van Oudenaarden has been appointed Director of the Hubrecht Institute as of 1 September. He replaces Hans Clevers, who resigned when he succeeded Robbert Dijkgraaf as President of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences in June.
- Fungal infection strategy lies in the genes24-08-2012
- An international consortium of researchers discovered a direct link between gene equipment, its activation and infection strategy, and lifestyle of plant pathogenic Colletotrichum fungi. The study, to which researchers from the The Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures (CBS-KNAW) and the University of Amsterdam made an important contribution, was just released online in the journal Nature Genetics.
Ga terug naar de bovenkant van deze pagina
Ga terug naar de inhoud
Ga terug naar de site navigatie
Ga terug naar zoeken