- Emmo Meijer receives 2012 Academy Medal08-03-2012
- The Academy Medal for 2012 has awarded to Professor Emmo Meijer, Corporate Director Research & Development at FrieslandCampina and part-time professor at Eindhoven University of Technology. The Medal will be presented on Tuesday 5 June during a special meeting of the Academy. The Academy awards the Medal every other year to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of science in the Netherlands.
- Programme Leader of the e-Humanities Group Killam Visiting Scholar at University of Calgary08-02-2012
- Dr. Sally Wyatt, Programme Leader of the e-Humanities Group of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Digital Cultures in Development in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Maastricht in Holland, is widely recognized as a leading authority in the area of Science and Technology Studies (STS).
- Professor Pavel Kabat appointed Director of the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)01-02-2012
- Pavel Kabat joins IIASA following a distinguished career in scientific research and research management.
Professor Kabat remains Chair of the Waddenacademie, the KNAW-institute for Integrated Research on the Wadden Sea Region.
- 2012 Casimir-Ziegler Research Grants awarded to Hein van den Berg and Alfred Zerres24-01-2012
- The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences and the North Rhine-Westphalian Academy of Science and Arts have awarded the Hendrik Casimir-Karl Ziegler Research Grants for 2012 to Hein van den Berg and Alfred Zerres. Both academies make an annual grant available to a young postdoc researcher.
- Prix Léopold Griffuel awarded to Hans Clevers20-12-2011
- Hans Clevers, director of the Hubrecht Institute, will be awarded the 2012 Léopold Griffuel Prize.
- David Handojo Muljono installed as Academy Professor Indonesia 14-12-2011
- During his recent visit to Indonesia, Academy President Robbert Dijkgraaf installed the second Academy Professor Indonesia at Hasanuddin University. The professorship is the result of a partnership between the Academy and the Indonesian Academy of Sciences (AIPI).
- Ten outstanding new members of the Young Academy24-11-2011
- The Young Academy, an independent section of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, has added ten outstanding scientists and scholars to its membership. The Young Academy is a dynamic and innovative platform of top young scientists and scholars that selects its members for their research excellence, interdisciplinary approach, and broad interest in science and science communication.
- J.H. van 't Hoff awards for three chemists17-11-2011
- Three distinguished chemist are honored with the J.H. van 't Hoff award lectureship 2011.
- Masterwork completed: Translation of Roman foundations of the law15-11-2011
- The Corpus Iuris Civilis, a collection of fundamental works of Roman law, was a major influence on the evolution of the law in Europe for more than five hundred years, making it the cornerstone of a common legal tradition on the European continent. Written in obscure legal Latin, the Corpus has now been translated into Dutch.
- Robbert Dijkgraaf appointed Director of the Institute for Advanced Study14-11-2011
- Robbert Dijkgraaf, current President of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, has been appointed Director of the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey. He will take up his post on 1 July 2012. This is only the second time in the IAS's eighty-one-year history that this honour has fallen to a non-citizen of the United States. The IAS enjoys worldwide renown. No less than 27 Nobel laureates, among them Albert Einstein, have been associated with the Institute.
Ga terug naar de bovenkant van deze pagina
Ga terug naar de inhoud
Ga terug naar de site navigatie
Ga terug naar zoeken