The Dr A.H. Heineken Prize for History recognises outstanding scholarly achievement in the field of history.
In 1990, the Alfred Heineken Fondsen Foundation established a biennial prize to be awarded to a scholar who has made an outstanding contribution to historical research. The prize is also funded by the Foundation.
The Dr A.H. Heineken Prize for History consists of a trophy depicting the symbol of Clio, the muse of history (designed by Simons Juweliers of The Hague), and USD 200,000.
- Assmann, Prof. A. (Aleida)
- Blok, Prof. dr. J.H. (Josine)
- Bont, Dr. R.F.J. De (Raf)
- O'Brien, Prof. P.K. (Patrick)
- Rapp, Prof. C. (Claudia)
- Riall, Prof. L. (Lucy)
- Zürcher, Prof. dr. E.J. (Erik-Jan)