The C.L. de Carvalho-Heineken Prize for Cognitive Science is awarded to an individual who has done outstanding work in cognitive science. The prize draws attention to the importance of studying the cognitive functions of human and animals, a relatively new branch of science.
In 2006, the Alfred Heineken Fondsen Foundation established a prestigious biennial prize to be awarded to a researcher who has done outstanding work in cognitive science. The prize is nowadays funded by the C.L. de Carvalho-Heineken Foundation for Cognitive Science. The Heineken Prize for Cognitive Science consists of a work of art designed by Don Staakman (The Hague) and USD 200,000.
- Dehaene, Prof. S. (Stanislas)
- Geurts, Prof. dr. H.M. (Hilde)
- Joëls, Prof. dr. M. (Marian)
- Lindenberger, Prof. dr. U. (Ulman)
- Nersessian, Prof. dr. N.J. (Nancy)
- Shiffrin, Prof. dr. (Richard)