The Netherlands Center for One Health (NCOH) with the KNAW presents a colloquium on 'One Health Approach to Infectious Diseases'. This colloquium brings experts in the field of One Health together to provide an interdisciplinary perspective required to develop and implement durable intervention strategies for infectious diseases.
Many global challenges pose a risk to humans, animals, and the environment. An integrated perspective, a One Health approach, to tackle these challenges is required to generate successful solutions.
The programme of the Academy Colloquium will highlight four challenges with a focus on infectious disease that require a One Health approach and will therefore be divided in four sessions:
- Emerging Infectious Diseases Preparedness – The fascinating world of EID research: a focus on bat-borne diseases
- Healthy Wildlife and Ecosystems – Wildlife-related diseases and the environment
- Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance – Understanding of the complex system of AMR
- Smart and Healthy Farming – Improve the intrinsic properties of animals to prevention of intestinal and respiratory animal diseases
- Dr Fred de Boer, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- Prof. Peter Deplazes, Zurich, Switzerland
- Prof. Christa Ewers, Giessen, Germany
- Dr Corine Geurts van Kessel, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Prof. Hajo Grundmann, Freiburg, Germany
- Prof. Hans Heesterbeek, Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Dr Lan Ge, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- Prof. Kate Jones, Londen, United Kingdom
- Prof. Bas Kemp, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- Prof. Richard Kock, Hartfield, United Kingdom
- Prof. Dirk-Jan de Koning, Uppsala, Sweden
- Dr Charles Rupprecht, Philadelphia, United States
- Dr Willem van Schaik, Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Dr Mari Smits, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- Dr Gudrun Wibbelt, Berlin, Germany
articipation will be confirmed by 1 December 2016.
Participation is limited to 50 participants and is free of charge.
This Colloquium will be preceded by a master class intended for 20 PhD students.
The Netherlands Center for One Health, Prof. Marc Bonten (UMC Utrecht), Prof. Marion Koopmans (Erasmus MC Rotterdam), Prof. Andrea Gröne (Utrecht University), Dr Annemarie Rebel (Wageningen UR), Dr Jovanka Bestebroer (UMC Utrecht)