- John W. A. Eikelboom, MD, PhD, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
International trends in clinical intervention research
- Prof. Huib Pols, MD, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Position of clinical intervention research in the Netherlands and recent trends
- Prof. Jan P. Vandenbroucke, MD, University Medical Center, Leiden, TheNetherlands
Sponsor- versus investigator-initiated clinical intervention research
- Prof. Harry R. Büller, MD, AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
How to find a balance between sponsors and investigators in clinical intervention research?
- Pauline Williams, MD, PhD, Head of the Academic Drug Performance Unit, GlaxoSmithKline
What do pharmaceutical companies need from independent investigators?
- Prof. George E. Griffin, MD, St George's University of London, United Kingdom
Good clinical practice guidelines and the European directive: how can investigator-initiated research survive?
- Prof. Adam F. Cohen, Center for Human Drug Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
Requirements for early phase drug research
- Kirsten Steinhausen, PhD, German Research Association/German Ministry of Education and Research, Berlin
Infrastructure requirements of investigator-initiated trials
- Prof. Jos W.M. van der Meer, vice-president of the Academy