The InterAcademy Council (IAC) advises international and supranational organisations and national governments on the scientific and technological dimensions of issues with a global or regional impact.
The IAC assembles international panels of experts and is supported by its member academies.
The IAC has published seven major studies so far:
- Realizing the Promise and Potential of African Agriculture
- Inventing a Better Future: A Strategy for Building Worldwide Capacities in Science and Technology
- Women for Science
- Lighting the way: Toward a sustainable energy future
- Climate Change Assessments, Review of the Processes & Procedures of the IPCC
- Responsible Conduct in the Global Research Enterprise
- Enhancing the Capacity of African Science Academies. The Final Evaluation of ASADI
In 2009, the IAC Board agreed on a new programme of studies. These will focus on: improving global water quality and availability; better worldwide surveillance of emerging infectious diseases; and building capacity for national innovation at African universities. The Academy and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) will play a leading role in one of the water-related studies.
1011 JV Amsterdam