Physicists Ludwik Leibler and Willem Vos will receive the Descartes-Huygens Prize. They have been awarded the prize for their outstanding research and their contribution to Franco-Dutch relations.
The Descartes-Huygens Prize (EUR 23,000) is intended to cover the cost of their research residence in the Netherlands and France respectively.
The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) has awarded the annual Descartes-Huygens Prize since 1995.
- Opening by Ben Feringa, Vice President of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)
- Presentation of the Prize to Willem Vos by Laurent Pic, ambassador of France
- Presentation of the Prize to Ludwik Leibler by Ben Feringa
- Short lecture by Willem Vos, Traité de la Lumière? Traitons ces photons!
- Short lecture by Ludwik Leiber, Physics, chemistry and technology, soft matter without borders (see the
- Interview with the laureates by Margot Dijkgraaf