The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences has selected fourteen new members. The Academy’s membership is made up of prominent researchers active in every field of science and scholarship. New members are nominated by existing Academy members and by external parties.
The Academy has approximately five hundred members, divided between its Humanities and Social Sciences Division and its Science Division. Members are appointed for life. The new members will be installed on Monday 10 September 2012 at the Trippenhuis Building, the Academy’s headquarters.
The new members of the Academy are:
Humanities and Social Sciences Division (humanities, law, behavioural sciences and social sciences)
- Prof. Marian Bakermans-Kranenburg (born 1965), Pedagogy, Leiden University
- Prof. Antal van den Bosch (born 1969), Language Technology, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Prof. Carsten de Dreu (born 1966), Labour and Organisational Psychology, University of Amsterdam
- Prof. André Nollkaemper (born 1962), International Public Law, University of Amsterdam
- Prof. Ineke Sluiter (born 1959), Greek Language and Literature, Leiden University
- Prof. Arthur van Soest (born 1958), Econometrics, Tilburg University
Science Division (mathematics and physics, life sciences and technical sciences)
- Prof. Clemens van Blitterswijk (born 1957), Tissue Engineering, University of Twente
- Prof. Wilhelm Huck (born 1970), Physical Organic Chemistry, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Prof. Eric Opdam (born 1960), Mathematics, University of Amsterdam
- Prof. Marten Scheffer (born 1958), Aquatic Ecology and Water Quality Management, Wageningen University & Research Centre
- Prof. Jacob C. Seidell (born 1957), Nutrition and Health, VU University Amsterdam and VU Medical Centre
- Prof. Alexander Tielens (born 1953), Astronomy, Leiden University
- Prof. Cisca Wijmenga (born 1964), Human Genetics, University of Groningen
- Prof. Jan Zaanen (born 1957), Theoretical Physics, Leiden University
For more information about the Academy’s members, click here.